1. Go to the gym on Mondays or Tuesdays. I go to the gym three days a week. If I miss a Monday or Tuesday that means it's unlikely that I'll fulfill my three day goal. Completing at least one of my workout sessions at the beginning of the week makes it easier to finish two more later on in the week.
2. I get fitness inspiration on Instagram. There's nothing that gets you going than having a bunch of fitness inspiration in your social media feeds. On the days that I feel like slacking, all I need to do is browse through my Instagram feed for a reminder that skipping the gym won't get me closer to my fitness goals.
15 Months of Consistent Training
3. I go straight to the gym after work. Going home after a long work day often means that I won't leave. As a result, on my gym days, I go straight to the gym after work. This means that I get to settle into the comforts at home guilt-free after my evening workout.
4. I take progress pictures. Sometimes it can be difficult to see your progress by staring in the mirror at yourself everyday. Once a week or so, I take photos for a week-to-week look at my progress. Seeing progress (no matter how small) keeps me motivated to continue to live a healthy and fit lifestyle.
5. I challenge myself. My workouts largely consist of weight training. I started out squatting a 30 pound dumbbell, now I'm squatting 140 pounds on the Smith Machine. Every few weeks I challenge myself by increasing the amount that I lift. Here's to getting stronger and healthier!
How do you stay consistent with your workouts?
Connect With Me!INSTAGRAM~BLOGLOVIN'~TWITTER~PINTEREST~FACEBOOK