1. If you think shorts are for girls or women under a certain age, think again. Choose tailored shorts instead of casual denim options for a more sophisticated look. Paired with heels, tailored shorts make great options for summer's dressy events, but you can also dress them down with flats. Denim shorts paired with a blazer create also create a sophisticated and structured style aesthetic like Solange's outfit below.
2. Yes, you can wear shorts with heels without giving off the lady of the night vibe. The key is to make sure that your shorts aren't too short or too tight. Here, the fit and cut are essential to pull off this look with class. Blogger Ashleigh of the Daileigh does this look effortlessly.
Photo Credit: The Daileigh
3. Play with proportions. A fitted shorts can pair nicely with a flowy tank or looser fitting blouse. A looser fit on the bottom may look better with a tighter blouse on top. A close-fitting tee, a tailored short and a statement necklace make for an easy-breezy chic summer outfit.
play with proportions
4. High-waisted shorts are very popular right now, but they can be tricky. I prefer the looser fits like the one pictured below.
Photo Credit: www.9to5chic.com
5. Accessorize your look and have fun. Bring your unique personal style to the forefront by adding fun accessories and shoes to your shorts outfits.Remember your style is yours, own it. The possibilities are endless. Try shorts of different textures and colors. I love the current crochet/lace shorts trend. It's super feminine.